Friday, August 31, 2007

I totally blew a presentation today

so sad...

lesson learnt: Always have a good night's sleep the night before a Major presentation.

What happened to me was... well... the night before the presentation, I missed my sleep to prepare for the slides that I was going to use. I reached home quite late that night and I was really tired... so I actually went to catch a wink, setting my alarm to ring 2 hours later to wake me up to do my work. Yup, everything's fine until this point and I was quite fresh while I was doing the powerpoint slides. The tricky part was, that there were much research needed to do the slides, which I refered to books and to the Internet. When I finally decided I was done, it was already 730 am!

Being totally exhausted now, my head hit the pillow once again, only to wake up another 1 hour later to prepare for work.

Another mistake which I made was to skip lunch. >.< Actually it was not intentionally, I wasn't like dieting or anything, just that I was so occupied with work that I didn't have time to go eat *honest* =)

By the time of the presentation, I was already dying. My mind was totally blank throughout the presentation, and I am literally grabbing at words I can use to convey my thoughts.

While I was trying my best at explaining how the website works and why it is best to work this way, in my mind, I was really thinking about FOOD!!!

The situation did not help when my boss sat BESIDE me during the presentation, as I do know how much he wants to clinch the project, VS how unprepared I was. Believe me, there are times when I was going round and round and round and round 1 miserable point and I didn't know how to sum it up. At those instances, I really feel like hiding under the table!!! If I was sitting in among the attendees listening to my own presentation, I would definitely think:"This guy is a RETARD~!"

Seriously I DO NOT want to go through that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


I blog, because I am bored...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find your stay enjoyable. I may be too lazy to update my everyday events, however you may check out my tiish box for more latest happenings.