Friday, June 09, 2006

Maplestory Targets

"Set a target and stick to it."

This was what I told myself during the start of my grueling Maplestory sessions. =/

My target was to get to 3rd job (level 70 and do a job change) by Friday. Yes, my deadline is tomorrow. I had been on the right track at the start of the week and I tell myself that if I follow this pace I'll be able to reach my target.

So why am I complaining?

I realised that leveling my character is not exactly fun at all, when I have a target to meet. It sort of takes the magic out of the game. Maplestory was fun for me at one point of time where I was lost in the game but level up unknowingly.

Consciously, I have been pressured by my own deadline and my body's fatigue to be able to enjoy the game.

But why are targets important?

Knowing what you want and how to get there, does not neccessary get you there! Adding a timeline to it instills discipline. However, there is some danger involved. Realistic targets help you achieve what you want, while unrealistic targets give a negative psychological effect.

To cut the long story short, know what you want, how to get it, and set realistic targets to ensure you have a higher chance of achieving it.

If I didn't set a target and have a workplan. I'd still be level 66 today. Not being able to enjoy the fruits of labour and sense of achievement I'd have by TODAY. =)

By tomorrow, I am sure I'll enjoy Maplestory more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


I blog, because I am bored...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find your stay enjoyable. I may be too lazy to update my everyday events, however you may check out my tiish box for more latest happenings.